Attire and General Appearance Policy
The school uniform is an important symbol of identity to the school and is a means to cultivate in students a sense of belonging, loyalty and pride in the school. The way a Cedarian wears her uniform reflects her graciousness, love and respect for the school. All Cedarians are expected to wear their school uniform smartly and with pride.
- Students are to wear the prescribed school uniform and no modification to the uniform is allowed.
- Blouses must be appropriately tucked in and sleeves are not to be folded or rolled
- The school skirt must be worn at knee length. Students are not allowed to make any modification to the skirt
- Students are not to use elastic bands to tuck in their blouses
- The school tie is to be tied neatly at the collar with the first button fastened
- The school badge must be worn at all times along with the correct nametag. The nametag must show the student’s full name as reflected in the class register
- Other attire (including unofficial T-shirts/clothes) are not to be worn in the school premises unless permission is granted by a teacher e.g. students putting up a skit
- Only the Cedar official jacket or any other approved jackets that are either plain black or dark blue is allowed. There should be no large branding or advertisements on unofficial jackets - only a small, inconspicuous logo is allowed
(b) PE attire
- Students are to wear the yellow school PE T-shirt with the grey school PE shorts.
- The T-shirt must be tucked in at all times.
- The PE attire must be worn for both PE lessons and jogging sessions.
- The grey school shorts must be worn for school’s sports day, VCA Run, inter-class games and post-exam activities.
- For PE/jogging before recess, students can wear their PE attire to school to attend flag-raising. Thereafter they must change into their school uniform by the end of recess.
- For PE lessons after recess, students are to wear their school uniform to school to attend flag-raising. Thereafter they must change into their PE attire for PE lesson, after which they must change into their school uniform by lunch, regardless of whether or not they have CCA for that day.
- During Level/Enrichment/post exam activities, students can come to school in their PE attire except on the day when there is ‘Review of Papers’ or the ‘Top Performers’ Award Ceremony’, where students have to be in their school uniform. They can change into their PE attire after these events for the next activity.
- Short hair must be neatly combed back, while long hair must be tied up in a single pony tail, bun or braid
- No cropped or boyish hairstyles are allowed
- Hair clips must be either in black or school colours (blue, grey or gold)
- No big hair accessories that attract unnecessary attention are allowed
- The fringe should be of appropriate length not touch the eyebrows
- Dyeing/tinting/bleaching/highlighting of hair is not allowed
- No hair gel or mousse is to be used
- Only white socks worn at or above the ankle are allowed
- No leather shoes, high-cut shoes, slippers or sandals are allowed
- Shoelaces must be white and tied in the standard way. No weaving, plaiting, tying at the back of the shoe is allowed
- Only track shoes with white base are allowed. If there is any design/logo/minor trimming on the white-base track shoe, they should be small and inconspicuous, and must be either in black or school colours (blue, grey or gold)
- Only one small ear stud in school colours (blue, grey or gold), or short colourless and transparent ear stick, is to be worn at any one time on each of the earlobes
- The ear studs must be identical
- These should be simple and small so as not to attract unnecessary attention
- Fingernails are to be kept short at all times without any nail polish or varnish application.
- All students are not to wear any make-up to school
- Prohibited items in school include the following: - tobacco products, poker cards for gambling and pornographic materials (print or non-print)
- Students are responsible for the security of their own hand phones. Hand phones must be switched to silent mode during all lessons and school activities. There should be no usage of peripheral accessories on hand phones eg, camera, MP3 player, video recorder during all lessons and school activities except when permission is granted by teacher. Any violation of these guidelines will result in the immediate confiscation of the hand phone
- Students are to be responsible for their own personal property as the school will not be liable for any loss